A Unique Experience
In 2008 we created the first and only half marathon through the centre of London.
The stunning 13.1-mile route takes in many of the capital’s world-famous landmarks on closed roads, and four of London’s eight Royal Parks – Hyde Park, The Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens.
Raising funds for The Royal Parks and other charities
The Royal Parks Half Marathon, presented by Royal Bank of Canada, was set up by The Royal Parks charity as an annual fundraising initiative to help conserve and enhance London’s eight Royal Parks for everyone, while enabling charities of all sizes to be involved in a major challenge event.
Since then the event has exceeded all expectations, raising £60 million for over 1,200 UK charities – including The Royal Parks, GOSH, and Mind. It’s a key part of raising awareness of The Royal Parks as a charity, funded by donations and events like the Royal Parks Half. Find out more about our charity partners here
The money raised by this event for The Royal Parks helps to keep the magic of eight vital green spaces alive, teach children and adults about the natural world, care for wildlife and conserve historic monuments.
You can read about the Royal Parks and the work your half marathon supports below
We aim to make race day as green and sustainable as possible and have committed to reaching net-zero by 2027. Right now sixty-six percent of all waste from the event is recycled and we’re working hard to do more with every event we put on. It’s our duty to protect not just the Parks but also the wider world around us for everyone.
Find out more about our work to make this event as eco-friendly as possible
- 2019 - The Running Award - Bronze for Best Half Marathon over 5,000 Participants
- 2018 - UK Sponsorship Awards - Most Effective Use Of Mass Participation Sponsorship
- 2017 - Runner's World Personal Best Awards - Best New Race of the Decade
- 2016 – Shortlisted at the BT Sport Industry Awards and Running Awards
- 2013 – Third Sector Excellence Awards – Best Fundraising Event
- 2011 – Event Awards – Best Outdoor Event
- 2009 – Hollis Sponsorship Awards – Sponsorship Award (Charity & Community)
- 2008 – Runner’s World Awards – Best New Event